Dangerous Destinations Hardcover for any Fantasy RPG!
The definitive guide to creating intriguing and dynamic destinations for storytelling and fantasy roleplaying games!
Created byNord Games
Pledge this project
Pledge Deadline: Deadline Passed
Dangerous Destinations Hardcover
***This book is designed for any fantasy themed roleplaying game***
***D&D (Any Edition), Pathfinder (1e or 2e), GURPS, Warhammer RPG, etc.***
Dangerous Destinations is the definitive guide to creating intriguing and dynamic destinations for storytelling and fantasy roleplaying games. Following the same model as our best selling book, 'Spectacular Settlements', Dangerous Destinations contains an easy-to-use, step by step builder system.
Start with one of twelve destination types, each of which has multiple variables that flesh out unique aspects of that destination. Next, place that destination in one of twelve environments, and continue the process of adding more and more detail. Then, discover the particular danger that exists within the destination created, including beasts, monsters, humanoids, magic, and events. Each danger has its own distinct flavor and modifiers, and each step in the process creates a more and more unique destination, even establishing plot hooks and many different motivations for quests.
Use Dangerous Destinations either as a planning tool, before your game session, or on the fly, to create unique locations for encounters, be they as simple as a troll’s den near the edge of a forest, or a vast labyrinth built deep underground by some long-forgotten culture. Our goal is to offer inspiration when creating locations within your fantasy world that are not only intriguing, but also exist regardless of interaction from the player characters. This helps to bring the world to life and enhance your storytelling.
Dangerous Destinations combines three primary elements of storytelling: a place, the environment in which that place exists, and the danger that exists in that place. Different combinations of these elements create unique outcomes with literally hundreds of thousands of possibilities.
- Destinations. A comprehensive selection of destination types including: burial grounds, camps, fortresses, headquarters, hideouts, outposts, religious sites, and many more.
- Environments. All of the standard environments found in most tabletop roleplaying games. These include: aquatic, coastal, desert, forest, jungle, mountains, plains, swamp, tundra, underground, urban, and extra-planar.
- Dangers. From epic events, maniacal monsters, and vengeful villains, a myriad of possible dangers await your heroes.
- Antagonists. From the bandit leader to the campaign villain, this section of the book has a vast selection of antagonists.
- Pre-Generated Destinations. Need a destination now? Select from a huge variety created by our design team. Complete with overviews and exposition.
The content will continue to expand as our funding level increases. Check out our Stretch Goals to see what we have planned.
Design Process. Given the nature of the design process, there is always a chance that the design team may alter or change any element of the book, for its betterment, so the concepts detailed above may be represented differently in the final product. If any drastic changes occur, you will be updated immediately.